Google Ads is an online RTB (Real-Time Bidding) based advertisement platform operated by Google. It allows marketers to display their web and app advertisements on multiple platforms such as search, display, Youtube, and other partnered platforms.
Once the below integration is completed, you may view and track the resulting data of Google Ads' 'App Promotion' on the Airbridge dashboard. Moreover, you can enhance your campaign optimization after the integration by utilizing Google Ads conversion actions.
For the WEB campaigns, conversion actions can be easily tracked by appending UTM parameters.
How to Configure App Campaigns
Create and Register the Google Ads Link ID (Required)
1) Go to Google Ads
2) Click on Tools & Settings on the top right corner and go to Linked accounts under SETUP
3) Find Third-party app analytics and click on DETAILS
4) Click on the button on the top left corner
5) Once you see a pop-up, select Other provider from the drop-down list under App analytics provider. Enter the Airbridge ID 1530462733 under 'Enter your provider's ID'
6) Select Android or iOS for your mobile app's platform
7) Search and select the app you wish to register the link ID
8) Click Create Link ID
Register the Link ID in the Airbridge Dashboard
1) Go to [ Integration > Integrated Ad Channels > Google Ads ] and paste the copied Link ID in the Conversion Integration. Please note that you must create and register the Android and iOS Link ID respectively.
- If you operate multiple Google accounts for the same app, you can set up per each account by sharing the link ID from Google Ads.
- If you work with multiple agency partners, advertisers are encouraged to become the owner of all their apps' link IDs and then share with its partners.
(See the Google Ads Guide for details on how to generate and share Google Ads link ID)
- Airbridge only supports one Link ID. Therefore, if you want to manage campaigns for the same app in multiple Google Ads accounts, you need to generate one Link ID and share with multiple accounts as explained above.
Import Events to Conversion Actions
1) Go to Google Ads Dashboard
2) Click on Tools & Settings on the top right corner and go to Conversions under MEASUREMENT
3) Click on the button on the top left corner.
4) Select App and Third-party app analytics, and then click on CONTINUE.
5) Select all events you wish to import and click on Import and Continue.
6) Google Ads app campaign integration is now completed and you should be able to find your conversion events in the Conversion actions table.
If you do not see the imported events, click on the filter icon to change the status to All.
- You can only import events to conversion actions once the link ID has been registered and the event has been activated. Also, note that it can take up to six hours for a newly added event to appear on the list. If you do not see an event in the list even after registering the link ID, it may be due to the uploading time or absence of activity in the event.
Check your conversion tracking status
Unverified: conversion actions from Airbridge (conversion tags) have not yet been verified on Google Ads. This may take a few hours to show.
No recent conversions: conversion tracking tag has been verified but it has not recorded any conversions in the last seven days. If you are not running an event or has been over seven days since you ended an event, it will also show 'no recent conversions'.
Recording conversions: Google Ads has seen the conversion tag and it has recorded conversions for the past seven days.
- Tagging conversion actions must be determined according to your purpose and the final goal of the campaign.
You can find out more about the conversion tracking tag here.
View Conversion Actions Performance
In the Google Ads Dashboard, all the ad campaign-related data such as 'Ad group', 'Keyword', 'Ad creative' are provided in numerical ids except the campaign name. Likewise, Airbridge will provide numerical ID values for 'Ad Group', 'Content', and 'Term' fields for the google.adwords channel.
These IDs that Airbridge provides, can be matched with 'Campaign ID', 'Ad group ID', and etc. fields of Google Ads Dashboard.
Optimize the Google Ads Campaign with Conversion Actions
Importing Airbridge-tracked events to Google Ads' conversion action will enhance your campaign optimization.
Setting up 'Bidding' in 'App promotion'
1) Go to Google Ads Dashboard.
2) Click on New Campaign and App promotion.
3) Choose App under campaign type, select your mobile app platform, and click on CONTINUE.
4) In the setting page, scroll down to 'Bidding' option and select 'Install volume' and 'Users likely to perform an in-app action'. Then choose an action that is most important to you.
Or you can select 'In-app actions' and then choose actions that are most important to you.
5) Click 'Save and Continue' to complete the rest of the set-up and launch your campaign.
Conversion Tracking for Web Campaign
For Google Ads Web Campaign, you can track your web conversions by appending UTM parameters to the Google Ads Final URL. Airbridge Web SDK will automatically parse the UTM parameters and map them with the Airbridge Campaign Optimization Parameters allowing you to view the attribution results on the Airbridge Dashboard.
* The tracking template feature previously provided by Airbridge is no longer available for conversion tracking due to the newly introduced parallel tracking method by Google Ads.
To track conversions of the web campaign, please follow the below instruction.
- Install the Airbridge WEB SDK on the web page that you want to set in the Final URL.
- Set the
utmParsing: trueoption when calling the
initfunction on the Airbridge Web SDK. (See Web SDK Guide for more detail)
- When setting up Google Ads Web Campaign, ensure to append UTM parameters in the Final URL.
Below, you can find the mapping table for Airbridge parameters and UTM parameters.
* Please note that you must include 'utm_source' parameter into the Final URL, otherwise utmParsing will not properly work even though other UTM parameters are included.
In addition, if you wish to use 'Value Track' feature of Google Ads, you can track by dynamically importing the value of Google Ads and mapping it to the UTM parameters without directly setting UTM parameters for each Final URL.
However, note that you can easily set up UTM parameters if you use the 'Value Track' feature, but most of the values Google Ads provides are in numerical ID format. This may cause you difficult to analyze attribution data on the Airbridge. Please read on to find out more detail about Value Track.